lunes, 1 de junio de 2009

The Aedo's subject

Hello classmates! I will talk to you about a subject that you don’t have yet, but you will have it the next year and you will enjoy, suffer and will don’t sleep because of it =)

My favourite subject this semester is anthropology three. The title doesn’t means too much, but the subject’s topic is historic materialism and cultural materialism. The teacher is the Sr. Andrés Aedo, he is a very young and good teacher and because of that he is very strict with us and we have to read many differents and complicated texts.

I like this subject because it isn’t particularist neither relativist. Much of other subjects in the career are more ethnologist than anthropologist, and because of it other teachers don’t teach to us a real theory. The subject is not as “Materialism theory”, but “Anthropology III” is the fisrt theory’s subject that we have.

This semester I learnt about marxism, cultural materialism, cultural ecology and the principal exponents to this theories.

3 comentarios:

  1. I thing you should say Mr. instead Sr.
    that's all
    see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also loved this subject very much when our class had it.

    But there's so much anthropology than that!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Melinka,
    I loved the beginning of your post. This post shows a lot of improvement in your writing skills.
    Please read my notes carefully:

    (a) (differents texts): Adjectives never change, so they never add “s”. Ex. A boring film / many boring films. Can you correct your phrase?
    (b) (The title doesn’t means): In the Simple Present Tense it’s not necessary to add the final ‘s’ to the verb if you use ‘doesn’t’. We say: It says – It doesn’t say /He goes – He doesn’t go /She likes it – She doesn’t likes it. Now, Melinka, can you correct your phrase?

    (c) (you will don’t sleep): Notice the use of will/would/should/can/could/etc. : I’ll do it – I won’t do it (I will do it – I will not do it)/He’d do it-He wouldn’t do it/You should go-You shouldn’t go/ She can swim- She can’t swim/ I could run – I couldn’t run/etc. Can you finish this sentence?: Therefore, we say “ you will ...”
    Mr. Aedo's subject
    Hello classmates! I will talk to you about a subject that you don’t have yet, but you will have it (/) next year and you will enjoy, suffer and will NOT sleep because of it =)
    My favourite subject this semester is anthropology three. The title doesn’t mean(/) too much, but the subject’s topic is historic materialism and cultural materialism. The teacher is (/) Mr. Andrés Aedo, he is a very young and good teacher and because of that he is very strict with us and we have to read many different (/) and complicated texts.
    I like this subject because it isn’t particularistIC NOR relativistIC/ IT IS NEITHER PARTICULARISTIC, NOR RELATIVISTIC. MANY other subjects in the career are more ethnologistIC than anthropologiCAL, and because of it other teachers don’t teach (/) us a real theory. The subject is not as “Materialism theory”, but “Anthropology III” is the fiRSt subject ABOUT THEORIES that we have.
    This semester I learnt about marxism, cultural materialism, cultural ecology and the principal exponents OF this theories.

    ResponderEliminar