lunes, 15 de junio de 2009

My ideal job!

I would like to work writing the things that I see around. I would like to be a novelist and can describe the history that talks about the life… all the life. To do this job I need money, because if I don’t have money I would have to work to can live. As one of my favourites writers said in her essay A room of one's own” all that a women needs to can writes is five hundred pounds in each year and a room of one's own.

Obviously I need talent too, but I really think that this is posible to developed with hard work and a real motivation.

I don’t know if I’ll do well in this if I do it, because I’ll feel myself a little useless. I’ll always wonder me: is useful for anyone that I write about them? I think that this is the reason because I don’t do that and I study anthropology…

In addition, be a novelist is really difficult because it is a job in that you can’t apply. If you don’t do it, you never find a newspaper’s notice requesting one. All you can do is begin to write everything that you see, hear, like and dislike and created with this something beautiful, something you enjoy.

1 comentario:

  1. Melinka,
    What a nice post, you really surprised me! I would also like to be a writer. I like writing but all I can do is write perfect sentences and paragraphs, I’m neither witty or interesting or funny. But you may be right when you say that talent is something that can be developed. At least Gabriel García Marquez had to work really hard to write well. Have you read his memories? He talks about this in them.

    Keep the following in mind:
    (a) Instead of ‘can’, we use ‘be able to’ after ‘will/would/should/be’. Ex. When you finish this course, you will be able to do many things. / You should be able operate this machine/I want to be able to use... / etc.
    (b) (my favourites writers): Uh, ho...!” What’s wrong here?
    (c) Compare: ‘a woman’/’some women’
    My ideal job!
    I would like to work writing ABOUT the things that I see around. I would like to be a novelist and BE ABLE TO describe the (/)story that talks about (/) life… all ABOUT life. To do this job I need money, because if I don’t have money I WILL have to work to BE ABLE TO live. As one of my favourite(/) writers said in her essay “A room of one's own” all that a womAn needs to BE ABLE TO write(/) is five hundred pounds (/) each year and a room of HER own.
    Obviously I need talent too, but I really think that this is poSsible to BE developed with hard work and a real motivation.
    I don’t know if I’ll do well in this if I do it/START DOING IT/GIVE IT A TRY, because I (/) feel myself a little useless. I’ll always wonder(/) : is IT useful for anyone that I write about them? I think that this is the reason WHY I don’t do that and I study anthropology…/WHY I STUDY ANTHROPOLOGY INSTEAD OF DOING THAT.
    In addition, beING a novelist is really difficult because it is a job FOR WHICH you can’t apply(/) -You never find a newspaper’s ADD requesting one. All you can do is begin to write everything that you see, hear, like and dislike and create(/) with this something beautiful, something you enjoy.

    ResponderEliminar